ENGINEERING AND I.T INFRASTRUCTURE
The departmental goal is to assist the government to realize its policy objectives on Information Technology with minimum resources as input and world best practice.
The Department of Engineering and IT infrastructure is the Engine room of the Agency. It encompasses computer engineering, Network Infrastructure management (both LAN and WAN), Data Centre, ICT facilities and other related equipment used to develop or support IT services in the state.
The department comprises of a pool of experienced ICT professionals in various fields of ICT and Engineering.
These ICT professionals work in areas such as ICT hardware, software or system installation, operation, maintenance, incident/change/problem management, administration, security, fault diagnosis and fixing. They typically work in a range of jobs that involve supporting or facilitating the use of ICT equipment and applications by other MDAs.
The department is establishing a centralised ICT maintenance workshop that will be a pool where ICT facilities will be maintained and serviced. Every MDAs will be required to bring faulty ICT facilities to this workshop for repairs at a reduced cost.
Some of the major activities of this department is specified below.
• Designing and implementing IT infrastructure in the state.
• Managing IT procurement and ensuring that Government gets value for money.
• Using IT to support transformation and service delivery.
• Utilising expensive IT resources effectively through regular monitoring and evaluation.
• Procure IT for government, and set standard for certification of IT acquisition.
• Certify all IT acquisitions for standard compliance.
• Maintaining, servicing and managing IT equipment in all MDAs through a centralized workshop.
• Provision of Technical support and specification for IT projects.
• Provision of support to the due process office on benchmark price for all ICT procurements by all MDAs.
• Managing IT infrastructure across the state.
• Development of Computer Education and Computer Laboratories for State Secondary Schools.
• Citizen empowerment through the development of specialized IT skills.
• Audit of IT infrastructure in the state for efficient management, utilization and avoiding duplication.
• Partnering with security Agencies for the establishment of the Forensic Laboratory in the state so as to curb the incidence of continuous security treat in the state.
• Computer training and retraining programme exercise for Public servants for efficient service delivery.
• Implementing the redesigned residency card (Kaadi IgbeAyo) project.